Abstracts must be submitted through the official online abstract submission system.
Any Abstract can be modified by clicking on the link in the confirmation email.
No faxed or e-mailed abstract will be accepted.
Detailed information for oral or poster presentation (time allotment, date, hour) will be sent by e-mail to the registered presenting Author.
At least one Author of accepted abstracts is required to register and pay the registration fee to ensure the rights for the presentation. EuGMS is unable to support any participation cost related to submitted abstract, including but not limited to registration, travel and accommodation.
Abstract format – authors and affiliation:
– Organization should be abbreviated, with capitalization as in title.
– The submitting author must be inserted again in the list of authors if necessary.
– The submitting author is responsible also for the correct use of initials and surnames of their co-authors.
– Affiliations: all authors should have an affiliation, at least with a basic entry including the country.
Abstract format – text:
– The abstract should not exceed 250 words.
– The structure of the abstracts should include an introduction, methods, results and key conclusions.
– The title of the abstract should be printed in initial capital letters followed by lower case.
– Abbreviations should be defined by being placed in parentheses immediately after the full word or phrase has been typed for the first time.
– No graphs, figures, tables or unusual symbols can be included. – Place citations to references in square brackets, eg .
– If there are references after the abstract, there should also be citations to the refs in the abstract, and vice versa.
– Decimal punctuation is with a decimal point (in English), not with comma.
– Generic (nonproprietary) names should be used for drugs and substances.
BEST ABSTRACTS AWARDS
One of the EuGMS’ aims is to encourage and help early career practitioners to further their knowledge and the society bestows four Best Abstracts Awards: two for the best Oral Presentation and two for the best Poster Presentations. Each winner of the award will receive a prize of €500.
ABSTRACTS SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED